So I have been pleasantly surprised by how Tyler, Griffin and I are getting along on our own. One of these days the sleep deprivation is going to sink in and then I may struggle, but so far caffeine is getting me through!
Yesterday was a bit of an adventure. Griffin has started to have some pretty nasty reflux and the poor little kiddo had a few instances of spitting up through his nose :-( He also decided to surprise me by waking up for a couple of intervals during the middle of the day! Of course, one of those times was when I was trying to get his big brother down for a nap. There doesn't appear to be a manual for what to do with an awake infant while you are trying to read a billion books to your two year old!
Tyler was the star of the show yesterday though. First, he decided to play with his diaper (again!) and apparently pushed it down so low in front that he then peed all over himself. When I finally figured out what was going on, his pants were soaked in front all the way down to his socks. Once we got that taken care of, we attempted the nap mentioned above. He did not stay down the first time I tried, but Griffin was crying so I came down and tried to rock Griffin while watching Tyler on the monitor. Griffin was WIDE awake though, so then I put him in the swing downstairs and went up to try to get Tyler so settle back down. As I was walking up the stairs, I watched him jump up and down in his crib so hard that he hit something and fell back. Yep, we drew blood on our first day home by ourselves! Luckily it was just a bloody lip! I was trying to figure out what on earth I would tell J.C. if it was something that needed stitches.
The good news is that he did take a nap on attempt #2. The bad news for me is that Griffin stayed wide awake through nap time. Oh well! One of these days I'll get some sleep!
We'll see what these boys have in store for me the rest of this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment